the organized freelancer series
I must admit that in the last years I have tried all kinds of different strategies and I am a big fan of trial and error as well as redesigning my schedule over time.
- Identify your goals: What do you want to accomplish with your schedule? Do you want to be more productive, have more time for personal activities, or achieve a better work-life balance? Identifying your goals can help you create a schedule that aligns with your priorities.
- Determine your availability: Consider how much time you have available to work, and factor in other commitments such as family, exercise, and leisure time.
- Make a list of tasks: Write down all of the tasks that you need to complete, including work-related tasks, personal tasks, and any other responsibilities you have.
- Assign deadlines: Determine when each task needs to be completed and assign deadlines accordingly. This can help you prioritize your tasks and ensure that you are making progress on your projects.
- Create your schedule: Based on your availability and the deadlines you have set, create a schedule that allows you to work on your tasks efficiently.
- Stay flexible: Be willing to adjust your schedule as needed. You may find that some tasks take longer than expected, or that you need to make changes to your schedule to accommodate unexpected events.
- Be kind to yourself: Just because sometimes you are not able to stay on schedule it doesn’t mean you need to trash your self-worth or let it damage your self confidence.
- Keep tweaking: If you find yourself uncomfortable with the schedule you’ve made yourself then write down your observation of what is happening an brainstorm some solutions which you could try.
If you have found this article interesting and thought provoking please feel free to leave a comment and perhaps you can clap to make it more visible to others — you can clap up to 50 times!
If you would like to support my work you can also make a small donation.